Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Pictures!
So it is yet another snow day today and I finally took some pictures. After 2 hours of scraping ice off my car (I actually used a blow dryer) and Kevin scrapping the driveway we were able to get into my car to get my camera. We feel very blessed to not have lost our power (yet!) but I am very sad because my big beautiful tree in the front of my house has totally broken apart. I took a picture of it yesterday because I thought it was so pretty. Now this morning it is a completely different tree. It is right outside our bedroom window and all we could do was lay there and listen to it break knowing we could do nothing. I guess I need to be grateful it is just a tree and that we are safe and warm. Thousands of people are without power including water treatment plants in some counties. It's time like these that we wonder how well we have listened and how prepared we really are.
My beautiful tree
Not so beautiful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Those are very cool pictures of your trees. We got a storm like that a couple of years ago and it looks just beautiful, very dangerous, but very beautiful. We got snow today too. The girls are loving it. I hope you are having fun. Love, Haydee.
I can totally picture you out there with a blowdryer. How thick was the ice? Sorry about the tree, it will feel pretty open for a while. We have lots of big tree's in CDA!!!! just move here and if you loose one it is not so drastic. love you
That is pretty amazing about the tree, and great picture to document it! At least today was a little more fun, than yesterday. The kids actually made a snowman today!
holy cow Debbie!!! I totally did not notice your big tree. I was talking about the little tree, that one looks pretty but the big one my gosh!!!! did you loose it? Poor tree!!!! Take care, Haydee (again!!!)
Wow, that's crazy! I'm sorry about your tree, that's sad. I kind of miss the eventful weather of Kentucky, but it was fun to enjoy the 60 degree weather of Colorado while the rest of the country was having subzero temps! The ice is beautiful, stay warm!!
Thats alot of ice. Wow. we just went to the beach.Ha. Ha. David had to go back to work today. So the twins are 18 mons. that will be nice to leave them in nursey. How do they like it? I cant wait to see them soon. I can say that now. We are so all excited to see you again. Love you
Sorry about the tree but the main thing is that all of you are safe and warm.
We miss those crazy grandkids (the most)
Love grandpa
Post a Comment