Happy Birthday Tyler! The big 13!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Mia

So I finally did it. Two Saturdays ago we took Mia to the mall and had her ears pierced. I don't know why it took me so much longer with her(Lexi was 2 months old). I think it is because she started out so much smaller. Or maybe it is the fact that it is not fun to take six kids to the mall. Yeah, that's probably it!!! But I talked Kev into going with me which is not easy to do if you know how greatly he HATES shopping or anywhere where shopping can be done. His only requirement was that he did not have to go in and see it done. So the chicken stayed out while I had to hold Mia. No one can understand how he can give horses shots all day long but cant watch an ear getting pierced. He said it has nothing to do with the shot but the fact that he doesn't want his little girl thinking he is the one doing it. I told him he should try taking her for her shots sometime and see how he likes that. Its no wonder why us moms loose our children to their daddies!! They always get to be the nice guys. Anyway, She did really good. She cried for second after the first but as soon as they gave her a sucker she stopped. Then on the second she cried again but it was more like she was mad at us for doing it again as if she hadn't made herself clear the first time. Then again it was back to the sucker and dad with open sympathetic arms and all was good again. I think the hardest part for her was after when Mason kept taking her sucker. So we solved that and got him his own. She has not even noticed them since and I think she looks so cute.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also think they very pretty with earrings. She looks very pretty. Love, Haydee.

Marissa said...

It really looks so cute! Dads ARE chickens aren't they! Hmph. Adam ALWAYS gets to be the good guy.

FarrEver Family said...

So cute. Maybe it is just Hyde Jeans. I am very scared to think about Micah getting them. But they do look so cute! Who took the pics?

Dawna and Matt said...

absolute doll! you look beautiful also Deb, Tell Kevin he needs to shave. Love you- Dawna

Ashlee said...

I need to see her in person! It's amazing how tow little earings can totally change the way she looks.

Ashlee said...

I need to see her in person! It's amazing how tow little earings can totally change the way she looks.

Dave and Jen said...

She really looks cute. I think earrings are pretty hard on us moms. Remember I sent Dawna to do Hailees.It must be the job of the daddys to be the nice guys.
Deb, your hair is getting long. Your looking good too.