Happy Birthday Tyler! The big 13!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Trip down memory lane!

tonight I was making some soup and needed butter. I opened a new box and pulled out a cube to find out that is was half the size of a normal cube (4 TB rather then 8). The cutest thing ever! OK not quite but still pretty dang cute. My first thought was that this cube of butter would have been something that my grandma would have gotten for our doll house. We had a the coolest doll house ever. My dad put up a wall in a room in our basement and literally made us a mini house with a full kitchen living room and bedroom equipped with all of our Doll "accessories". It was like our own house only everything in it was miniature. My grandma would always find real things that were little for us to put in our doll house like ketchup, mini loaves of bread, tiny salt and pepper shakers, etc.... We lived in our doll house and I still remember everything the way it was. So when I saw this Small cube of butter I couldn't help but miss my grandma, my doll house and the comfort and security of being home and little again. Christmas was always amazing at our house not because of what we got but because of the traditions and thought that went into it. I only hope that my children will have as great of an appreciation and fondness as I do for my childhood. Thanks mom and dad. You really are the best ever!

2 comments:

Chachita said...

How fun!!! I can only imagine the hours you and your sisters spent playing in that "magical" house. What an awesome dad, what an awesome parents to provide something like that for you. Merry Christmas Debbie. Love, Haydee.

Dawna and Matt said...

We did have the greatest childhood didn't we. If only I could have convinced you and Deanna to quit changing diapers and redressing the dolls we might have been able to play house more often. I'll bet you get enough diapers now!!!! serves you right! you made me cry.
Miss you lots.

By the way, sarcasim does not become you! alright, so maybe it does. (everything does)