Happy Birthday Tyler! The big 13!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

We love snow!

Two weeks ago we were suppose to get a big snow storm (2-6 inches...huge I know). They actually cancelled school before the storm even hit. We knew Wednesday night that there was no school Thursday and the snow didn't start until around 11am. we did get a few inches so school was cancelled on Friday as well. I'm not going to complain because I love snow days but I have to laugh just a little at my fellow Kentuckians. Growing up in North Idaho we had to have two feet of snow before they would even consider closing school. If it snows at all in Kentucky the whole town shuts down which is probably good because no one knows how to drive in it. Anyway we had a great long weekend and the kids spent most of their days outside. I had a hard time keeping up with snow clothes and dry gloves. It was a blast and hope we get a few more days like that. Lexi had gone sledding and fell into a creek and got her boots and gloves wet. I stuck them in the dryer so she could go back out and next thing I know I walk into my laundry room and find Lexi asleep in one of my laundry hampers waiting for her boots and gloves. The picture is priceless but please ignore all the laundry. I did have 6 kids home from school for two days after all!!! (Lame excuse I know!)

1 comment:

Priebe Family said...

I think that is as much snow as we have had this year. We have yet to even take out the snow pants. It has been a really lame winter for snow. Maybe we should move to Kentucky!